You are here

Home » Astana monuments. Travels from the city of Nur-Sultan to Kostanay.

Residential building Kubrin.

Travels in the cities of Kazakhstan.

“A kind architect should have a good understanding of the word sciences and history, be able to draw and know mathematics, grasp stones and perspective correctly; he is not enough yet; he must be an honest, reasonable and reasonable person; he must have liveliness and taste in his considerations, without these qualities he cannot be a perfect architect or a person useful to society”

Vasily Ivanovich Bazhenov.

Tours from Nur-Sultan to Pavlodar.

The residential building of the merchant Vasily Matveevich Kubrin was built in 1910 by the Moscow architector in the form of a one-story mansion with a high basement. Architectural style ¬ eclecticism of the early twentieth century.
It consisted of a house on one and a half floors, an outbuilding with a basement and an underground passage connecting the outbuilding with a store (later the underground passage was walled up), stables with horse carriages and a stone barn cellar.
In the courtyard of the estate was a garden in the English style. The entrepreneur personally planted trees that decorate the yard for a day. The monument is also associated with historical events: the mansion housed a workers 'and peasants' club, a library, and then a city executive committee.
In October 1920, it was officially renamed the "First House of Soviets." From February 24, 19.21, the headquarters of the revolutionary troika was here, later the OGPU, the NKVD and the police. In the middle of the twentieth century, the city hall and the Pioneer House worked in the building.
In the 80s The twentieth century it housed the local history museum, which collected thousands of exhibits reflecting the pre-revolutionary history of the region, the events of the Great October Revolution, the civil and Great Patriotic Wars, the development of virgin lands, the rise of the welfare of the Soviet people during the post-war five-year periods.
From 2000 to 2019, the building was occupied by the Embassy of the Republic of Ukraine. Currently, the building is transferred to the ownership of the Nur Sultan City Archive. Vasily Matveevich Kubrin - the son of a large Akmola merchant of the late XIX - early XX century the founder of the trading house “Matvey Kubrin with sons and Co.” - Matvey Konstantinovich Kubrin.
According to the city council, on June 19, 1912, five residential buildings were registered in the name of V.Kubrin's trusted trading house, not counting stores and warehouses. Vasily Matveevich contained two crews, four visiting horses and was an avid hunter.
He continued family traditions, succeeding in commercial activities and playing a large role in the social and cultural life of the city.